Our week at Hiawatha Cottages was a lot of fun and a lot of work, with each cottage having it’s own set of goals and restrictions it was a challenge for everyone. Access Home Staging won the Chippewa cottage which was the owner’s original family cottage which has been used as the wedding/family reunion location due to it’s large size and beautiful lake views. Our challenges were:
- do not paint the original pine walls or beams
- do not do anything to the floors
- change out the bunk beds to a queen bed
- create more space for large funcutions
- make all designs easy to clean as there is only a 3-hour period between guests
- keep in mind that all designs will need to stand up to 12 weeks of rentals
- complete the challenge with $300 and a gallon of free paint of your color choice
To this long list we added:
- all painting must be done properly (clean, sand,prime,paint)
- all projects must keep client safety a priority
- all work must be done in a manor that allowed for very easy cleaning and very little, if any, up-keep
What a tall order for three people! OK, one day we actually had 4.
One of our projects added 35 feet of bench seating and a bar to the large deck
Cost of this project, $18.00! We scavenged all the wood so our only cost was the stain, which was also used for the bench seating.