A professional real estate stager is not a decorator.
It’s unfortunate that people still believe that staging a home before listing is just about de-cluttering, adding a few throw pillows to the sofa and that anyone with a good sense of design can do it. While it may be true that many people have the skill to make a space pretty, a professional real estate stager understands how to merchandise a property so that it sells.
A professional real estate stager;
- Addresses condition issues like deferred maintenance,
- knows how to highlight the best features of a property,
- create focal points,
- improve flow using colour tracking and furniture arrangement,
- correct colour balance and scale,
- understands camera angles for listing photography,
- knows how to create buyer appeal based upon demographics, using lifestyle selling,
- and understands an agent’s fiduciary responsibility to their seller and helps them offer
the best opportunity to maximize their clients equity.
So, while real estate staging does contain elements usually associated with interior design/décor, it is actually one of the best marketing tools available to home sellers, real estate agents, property managers, investors and builders.
Want more information? Check out www.accesshomestaging.com